This page has a list of things needed for creating a campaign using the input boxes on the Create A Campaign Forms.
To create a campaign it is advisable that they be prepared and ready for completing the creation process.
Create a Campaign
Step 1: Create Campaign
Campaign nameThis is the name that the advertiser uses to identify the campaign. It will also be the name that promoters will see.
DescriptionThis should give enough detail of the campaign to help promoters decide if they will join.
Upload an image (jpeg or gif)to use as a logo for the campaign
Choose up to 5 categories for your campaign. This will help in targeting potential promoters who have indicated an interest in those categories.
This is the page that the campaign leads to. It could be a link to the sales page for a product, a lead capture page or an affiliate product page. If the URL is for an affiliate product the Affiliate ID will need to be included in the address.
Step 2: Set Effort Points
Effort points are set by the Advertiser to encourage promoters to be active in different aspects of the campaign.
An Advertiser can choose from these three Effort Point activities. They can opt to use 1, 2 or all 3 in a campaign.
- Clicks: These are recorded when somebody views, and clicks the link on the unique landing page that the promoter is sharing.
- Comments: When a comment is placed on the site(s) named by the Advertiser, and is approved as relevant, Effort points are awarded to the Promoter.
- Backlinks: The Advertiser supplies a short ad and a site to link back to. Promoters adding this as a backlink will be awarded Effort points if these are approved.
When creating a campaign the Advertiser is able to add weight to these 3 aspects by choosing a value from 1 to 10. A value of 10 will indicate the activity is highly valued by the Advertiser if any of the others have a lower value.
At the end of a campaign the campaign rewards are shared between promoters based on their proportion of the total effort points generated in the campaign.
Setting Effort Points
Tick in any box to set Effort Points for that activity.
A form for setting Effort Points will open when a box is ticked.
Effort Point for Clicks
A Landing Page with a button for viewers to click will be produced.
Advertisers need to
- Set a value for the Effort Point for a click.
- Provide the Destination URL that the click will take the viewer to.
- Set up a Landing Page from the templates available, and provide content for that page.
- Geo-targeting: nominate from which countries to attract clicks and leads.
Effort Point for Comments
Comments need to be manually approved by the Advertiser. One comment per Promoter only. 5 different locations for submitting comments can be added.
Advertisers need to
- Set a value for Effort point for Comment.
- Provide URL of up to 5 locations for Promoters to submit a comment.
Effort Point for Backlinks
Promoters add a link to a site, thus building a backlink to the URL provided by the Advertiser.
Advertisers need to
- Set a value for the Effort Point for Backlink
- Provide a short text ad for promoters to post on their site
- Provide a Destination Link that the backlink will point to.
- Set the maximum backlinks from each promoter (from 1 to 10).
Step 3: Activate Campaign
Payment MethodPayPal only at this time. AlertPay will be added later.
Days of CampaignSelect the number of days to run the campaign from the drop down menu.
Cash RewardNominate the total of rewards for this campaign.
Activate ButtonThis will take you to the Payment Processing page.
Draft ButtonSave the campaign as a draft to edit and activate later.
Editing A Campaign
A campaign can be edited at any stage after it has been either saved as a draft or activated. To begin the edit process, open the Advertiser tab where you will find the Manage Campaigns page. Select the edit link for the campaign. Edit opens up a form that has all fields described in steps 1 and 2. Any of these fields can be edited and the changes saved.